Saturday, November 15, 2008

Oh Snap

So an update on how things are going...I started a job at Nuskin working in their warehouse as a stocker. The pay is ridiculously low but I need something to pay for rent and the bills that I have. I've been lucky to have a landlord that understands my situation and has allowed me to get rent to him at a later time. This is hard for me. I hate the fact of being late on all my bills. But I am grateful that so many people work with you in these situations. Times are getting hard for most people. I ahd to beg for the job I have from a temp agency. So there must be a large influx of people looking for jobs, even in Utah where the unemployment rate is still below 5%. So where I work is interesting. The ladies that are my supervisors have such fowl mouths! More than that they like to talk about their current stand on cursing as if it was a topic of discussion. Weird! Uneducated people just don't understand the importance of having good language skills. Of course I actually voiced my opinion to them that cussing was a form of unintelligence. Then one of the gals said that she just chooses to do it and that she is very well educated. Um hello! You work as a supervisor at a warehouse. No offense but an education of culture would have easily helped you recieve a better job a few years ago. But who am I to talk since I am the stocker that she supervises. Kinda hypocritical? My point is that most people appreciate the fact of having a conversation that doesn't include so many derogatory terms. People can express themselves in so many other ways. And your use of language does reflect your education! I believe that.

So now that I have this wonderful job I am working to get a client base going for my Online Marketing company. Things are slow but I am having a website created by a friend of mine in exchange for services. I am helping him market his website and he is building mine in his spare hours. I am happy to say that he is fulfilling his part of the agreement and I mine. I hope that it will be done by next month.

Last night was my ward talent show. I played Wagon Wheel on my guitar. It is a Bob Dylan original song I think, but the version I have is by Jeremy Mccomb. I think I did well and everybody else did too. I love seeing others express their talents. It amazes me that so many people have these abilities that you don't normally see everyday.

I got the day before Thanksgiving off so I can go to Dallas! I'm way excited. Richard is coming down from Idaho and we will drive from here there. With gas prices so low we might be able to make it round trip for under $200. That is so much cheaper than a plane ticket! This will be Richards first Thanksgiving since he has been home. My sisters and I didn't want him to just spend it in Utah with a few relatives. Melissa was kind enough to put up the money for gas for me to drive him out. It is a short trip but with how many little kids their are running around a few days is all we need before Richard and I go nuts. Oh and I'm way excited to see BYU beat Utah! Sorry Joe.

3 comments:

The Dutsons said...

Um, just so you know Spencer is really really ridiculously charming, so good luck prying yourself away when you leave (and please no kidnapping:)) OH, and Go UTES!

The Dutsons said...

NuSkin, eh? Good times!

We're excited to have you and Rick here for Turkey Day...we'll have to play some Monopoly, Risk, etc. It will be like old times.

I'm sorry Davey, but Utah is going to put an all-out invasion force on the Cougs. You know what I'm saying.

Nikki said...

DaVEYYYYY when are we getting together?