Thursday, October 23, 2008

What's in a Job?


So let me give the update that all want to know...I am still trying to get things going for my company. It is still on the burner just simmering until I can get myself on track with everything else. I just took a part time position with a temp agency until I find something better. It is a general labor job, which I love. Especially since it is getting cold. Because working in the heat is not fun! I also went over to UVU to start the process of getting classes this January. This will make me and my family happy to get my schooling done. Sometimes, I think, people worry that I don't take it seriously enough to finish my education. That is far from true. My education has been very important for me. Just the process has been different than the traditional some might say.

My Company has definitely taken a bad toll lately. With my funding gone it has caused me to find a new direction of forming my business. I have had a little success and a few clients roll through. The hardest is to market my services without proper funding. Some have asked why I haven't gone back to my old job. Well I wish it was that simple. I didn't burn any bridges when I left but that doesn't mean I didn't start a few fires on them. If I go back I may not get my job. They usually fill those things when you leave. So I would be sent back under someone that I did not work well with and might also receive a smaller wage. Another effect would be my partnership with them. I would not be able to solicit services if I was reemployed again. So what that means is that I need to get a different job that is closely similar or just try to make it to the end of the year until I can get back in school. At least I can say that I started from rock bottom! I may be poor financially, but I'm more than rich with ideas right now.

My mother has convinced me to write a book about marketing. I can either publish for a book or put it online to sell. I've started breaking it down and writing some parts but it will take me a few weeks to get something like this done. And that is basically where I'm at right now.

No comments: